TRANSCRIBERS’ PLEDGE OF PROFESSIONALISM
- prepare transcripts in an accurate, timely manner, without personal interjection
- refrain from using any information obtained in the performance of my duties in a manner that would be detrimental to the agency or person for whom the material was transcribed,
- treat all material transcribed as confidential unless the material is publicly available or an agreement has been obtained in writing that the information may be disclosed,
- conduct business in a professional manner with dignity, respect and courtesy,
- accept assignments as dictated by my knowledge of the subject matter, transcription competency level, and ability to complete the assignment on a mutually agreed upon date, and
- continuously develop the highest levels of knowledge and skills through professional development.